MICHAEL J. YANOCHIK
Mr. Yanochik earned a Bachelor of Arts degree (conferred cum laude) in History and English from Rice University in 1989. Mr. Yanochik went on to earn a J.D. (with honors) from the University of Texas School of Law in 1992.
Upon leaving law school and passing the bar exam, Mr. Yanochik practiced law as an Associate, and then a Senior Associate, at Vinson & Elkins, LLP in Houston. Immediately before forming Murr Yanochik, PLLC, Mr. Yanochik was a Partner at Beirne, Maynard & Parsons, LLP in Houston for seven years.
For more than 18 years, Mr. Yanochik has practiced in state and federal trial and appellate courts, in arbitrations, and in counseling clients regarding disputes of all kinds, including complex commercial matters, oil & gas, insurance coverage, products liability, intellectual property, non compete agreements, eminent domain and Sarbanes-Oxley issues. He has extensive experience in handling a wide array of complex litigation and also has a wealth of experience in the preparation and presentation of detailed legal issues, such as sovereign immunity, jurisdictional challenges, conflict of law, legal privileges, contractual indemnity, class actions, and expert-witness challenges.
Mr. Yanochik’s reported cases include:
- Texas S. Univ. v. State St. Bank & Trust Co., 212 S.W.3d 893 (Tex. App.–Houston [1st Dist.] 2007, pet. denied).
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp. v. Nabors Drilling USA, Inc., 106 S.W.3d 118 (Tex. App.–Houston [1st Dist.] 2002, pet. denied).
- Ensley v. Cody Resources, Inc., 171 F.3d 315 (5th Cir. 1999)
- Amoco Gas Corp. v. MG Intrastate Gas Corp., 914 S.W.2d 156 (Tex. App.–Houston [1st Dist.] 1995)
Mr. Yanochik’s publications include:
- PHRMA v. Walsh: The Latest Conflict Between States and Drug Companies Over the Price of Prescriptions, Andrews Litigation Reporter (ThomsonWest October 2004);
- “The Supreme Court’s First Word in the Latest Pricing Conflict,” PharmaVoice: The Forum for the Industry Executive (July 2004)
- Texas Practice Guide: Torts (West Group 2002) (contributor)